Monday, August 10, 2015

10,000 Views!

Sometime in the last week this blog reached a milestone: 10,000 views since I began in December! (See my first post from Dec. 23, 2014 here).

I'm sure really popular blogs and websites get 10,000 or more views in a few minutes, but I think that's pretty good for a little hobby that I started to amuse myself and to have conversations about my two favorite things: philosophy and science fiction.  Along the way I've discovered that I really enjoy blogging (sometimes even about random other stuff) and that the internet is a very strange place.

Speaking of milestones, my recent post on Kim Stanley Robinson's Aurora has now been viewed over 500 times, which makes it my single most viewed post yet.

Thank you for reading whoever and wherever you are!  I appreciate it!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the milestones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. 10,000 = thought leader. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not sure if I'm leading the thoughts or if they're leading me.

      Delete
  3. Congrats! I'm new on your blog, but I know as a blogger myself how loooong it takes for views to rack up! I only have 1500, but that's a fair count for me considering I only started 4 months ago...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It took me about nine months to get this far, and most of that traffic has been in the last couple months. I've found that promoting my posts in communities on Google+ and Facebook really helps. Also, adding links to other people's blogs helps, since some of them have added me to their blogs, so it's mutually beneficial. Good luck!

      Delete
  4. And a few months after this post, I hit 20,000: http://examinedworlds.blogspot.com/2015/11/20000-views.html

    ReplyDelete